Earl Warren Showgrounds - Earl Warren Hall - Community Room
Sunday, September 10th Entries Accepted from 10am-2:30pm; Winners Announced at 4pm
Judged by sea glass experts, Mary McCarthy and Richard LaMotte, this contest is an opportunity for the festival attendees to enter their personal sea glass “special find” to receive recognition and certificates signed by both judges. Judging will be based on authenticity, uniqueness, with conditioning by nature.
Categories & Prizes:
- Best Find
- Best Find Runner Up
- Best Sea Pottery
- Best Art Glass
- Most Unusual
- Best Historical
- Best Bottle Stopper
- Best Marble
- Best of Rarest Color
Criteria to consider when entering a piece:
- Piece should be unusual, beautiful and should show some conditioning by nature.
- Color rarity, roundness and frosted surface
- Bubbles, text or patterns
- Any other identifiable age or pontil scars
Rules & Entry Process:
- Entries will be accepted on Sunday ONLY from 10am-2:30pm at the “Sea Glass Treasure Contest” table in the Community Room.
- $5 per entry card (one entry consists of a card that holds up to three pieces).
- Pieces entered must be submitted by the person who found the specimens. Submitted entries must be authentic, unaltered and naturally found at/in the body of water stated on the Sea Glass Treasure Contest entry card.
- Contest cards must be filled out with ID # (provided only by contest organizers), name, phone number and body of water found in. The pieces will be attached to the entry card with glue dots.
- Treasures/pieces will be displayed on tables with festival staff watching them at all times.*
- Contestants must enter their pieces in person and are responsible for picking up their entries after the contest.
- Judging will be determined by industry experts and professionals in the sea glass community.
- Judging will begin at 2:35 pm on Sunday.
- At 4:00 pm, the winners will be announced and the prizes awarded.
- Contestants are not allowed to speak to the judges during the judging process. The Community Room will be cleared to allow the judges to work.
- Returns will begin at 4:30pm
- Festival staff will do everything to expedite the return process.
- Please help us by remaining calm and patient during this time.
- To ensure that everyone receives their own piece/treasure, proper ID will be required.
- Prize checks will be awarded at the event and winners are asked to remain for photos.
- Vendors will not be eligible to enter.
- Treasure contest volunteers are NOT eligible to submit entries.
- As a courtesy any previous prize winning treasure will not be eligible for entry the following year.
*It should be noted that while the entries will be watched at all times, the festival and it’s committee members/volunteers are not responsible for missing pieces.