Earl Warren Showgrounds - Earl Warren Hall - Community Room
Sunday, September 11th Entries Accepted from 10am-3pm; Winners Announced at 4pm
Judged by sea glass experts, Mary McCarthy and Richard LaMotte, this contest is an opportunity for the festival attendees to enter their personal sea glass “special find” to win cash prizes or festival gear. Judging will be based on authenticity, uniqueness, with conditioning by nature.
Categories & Prizes:
- Best Find wins $200 plus Festival Tote Bag & Magnet
- Best Find Runner Up wins $50 plus Festival Tote Bag & Magnet
- Best Bottle Stopper wins a Festival Logo Tote Bag and Magnet; a Mermaid Tear Necklace from Betty Belts
- Best Marble wins a Festival Logo Tote Bag and Magnet; a Sea Glass ring from Betty Belts
- Best of Rarest Color wins a Festival Logo Tote Bag; an Adina necklace with a Sea Glass Mermaid Tear from Betty Belts
Criteria to consider when entering a piece:
- Piece should be unusual, beautiful and should show some conditioning by nature.
- Color rarity, roundness and frosted surface
- Bubbles, text or patterns
- Any other identifiable age or pontil scars
Rules & Entry Process:
- Entries will be accepted on Sunday ONLY from 10am-3pm at the “Sea Glass Treasure Contest” table in the Community Room.
- $5 per entry card (one entry consists of a card that holds up to three pieces).
- Pieces entered must be submitted by the person who found the specimens. Submitted entries must be authentic, unaltered and naturally found at/in the body of water stated on the Sea Glass Treasure Contest entry card.
- Contest cards must be filled out with ID # (provided only by contest organizers), name, phone number and body of water found in. The pieces will be attached to the entry card with glue dots.
- Treasures/pieces will be encased in two display cabinets with festival staff watching them at all times.*
- Contestants must enter their pieces in person and are responsible for picking up their entries after the contest.
- Judging will be determined by industry experts and professionals in the sea glass community.
- Judging will begin at 3:15 pm on Sunday.
- At 4:00 pm, the winners will be announced and the prizes awarded.
- Contestants are not allowed to speak to the judges during the judging process.
- Festival staff will do everything to expedite the return process.
- Please help us by remaining calm and patient during this time.
- To ensure that everyone receives their own piece/treasure, proper ID will be required.
- Prize checks will be awarded at the event and winners are asked to remain for photos.
- Vendors and their relatives or anyone associated with helping at their booth will not be eligible to enter.
- Treasure contest volunteers are NOT eligible to submit entries.
- The grand prize treasure will not be eligible for entry the following year.
*It should be noted that while the entries will be watched at all times, the festival and it’s committee members/volunteers are not responsible for missing pieces.